(800) 506-3565
Maverick
Participant

Is it okay for a person who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to visit Sheri’s Ranch or any other brothel and not sin?

Would he be judged even if he just talks but does not fornicate with the courtesan(s)?

Rewith,

Its been awhile since I’ve been here and I see your still a bit of the mixer as the folks across the pond would say…so let me take this by the numbers….in some ways quite literally.

Would he be judged even if he just talks but does not fornicate with the courtesan(s)?

Mary of Magdala, better known as Mary Magdalene, traveled with Jesus as one of his followers. She is said to have witnessed Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection. Within the four gospels she is named at least 12 times more than most of the apostles. She developed a reputation in Western Christianity as being a repentant prostitute or loose woman even though this is not supported by the canonical gospels. She is considered to be a saint by the Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran churches—with a feast day of July 22, other Protestant churches honor her as a heroine of the faith.

If the following is assumed to be true and following a lucid, cogent, thoughtful and rationale thinking process at the very least talking to any of the ladies would not be a sin. In fact it would be very Christian in nature. As the natural definition of a Christian is being Christ like. As Jesus had purported to have at the very least spoken to Mary without limit.

However the evangelicals may have a problem with your polyester cotton shirt….This is one issue I have not seen them jump up and down on yet but the next one with the loosest screw is bound to bring this forth. They are typically too busy trying to foment fear in their endless quest for power and control. This is why I have found the most devout followers of any faith the ones that quietly, and many times in a state of denial, find the principals of their chosen faith(s)highly negotiable.

Leviticus 19:19

19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed:

neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.

You see they are too busy playing God instead of heeding the word.

Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

The power mongers would much rather divert the attention of the masses to the issues of others so they might be spared a through examination and lose their own standing…either real or feigned.

If we are all God’s children I find it appropriate to follow the same rules I learned in kindergarten (rules made by man).

1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don’t hit people.
4. Put things back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
7. Say you’re SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
9. Flush.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life – learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup – they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned – the biggest word of all – LOOK.”

“It doesn’t matter what you say you believe – it only matters what you do.”

This is where the faithful are lost sheep and need help from the Shepard.

If we are all God’s children our heavenly father, as our mortal father, would expect us to care for one another and leave certain issues to the higher powers.

My Best,

Bret Maverick

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Maverick.
  • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Maverick.
Skip to toolbar