(800) 506-3565
GoodHeart
Participant

There are two other things that you might consider:

1. From what I’ve read, the negotiation is a very important part of the process. If there’s a lady who speaks Chinese there that day, then there’s no problem. But if not (and in skimming the languages spoken at Sheri’s I don’t see Chinese, so it’s likely that there won’t be), then the language barrier would keep your friend from saying what he wants. And I don’t see how he can have a fun time if he can’t describe what he enjoys.

So I would suggest calling ahead and seeing if you can accompany your friend into negotiations (and not beyond that) to describe what he enjoys.

2. Regardless of what your friend chooses to do, it would have to be frustrating if it gets underway and he can’t communicate to affect the events of the evening. So I’d suggest (1) coaching him in some very basic English phrases pertinent to what he wants to do. “Yes!” and “That feels great!” would be good examples. (2) If there are specific acts he wants, then put them on flash cards with Chinese on one side and English on the other. I really don’t mean to be tacky, but I had a hell of a time remembering my first-year Spanish during exams, and that was without the presence of a beautiful woman and my heartrate going through the roof. Being able to say what he wants without pressure should reduce the stress and awkwardness.

Skip to toolbar