(800) 506-3565
  • This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 3990 times
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rewith85man
    Participant

Would a past customer tell me what happens and what it is like showing up at the Las Vegas Airport, waiting for a limo driver to call or show a sign for you, jumping in the limousine, and heading to Sheri’s Ranch in Pahrump, NV?

When you were in the limousine, did you watch videos of the ladies of Sheri’s Ranch? Is the limousine comfortable inside? Tell me what it is like because I may experience everything once I go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I recommend renting a car at the airport rather than taking the limo. The free limo ride will be more expensive than a rental car in the long run. Limo clients will not usually be able to negotiate as well, because the limo driver receives approximately 30% of the party cost. If the negotiated party cost isn’t important then the limo may be preferred because it’s a restful 60 mile ride to Sheri’s Ranch.

Reference threads:
    Renting a Car http://newblog.sherisranch.com/forums/topic/renting-a-car/

Airport Pickup and Return Cost http://newblog.sherisranch.com/forums/topic/airport-pickup-and-return-limo-transportation/

Limo Question http://newblog.sherisranch.com/forums/topic/limo-question/

Question About Shuttle http://newblog.sherisranch.com/forums/topic/question-about-shuttle/

Flint
    Participant

What choice do you have if you do not drive, but take the limo?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Flint,
    There’s not much choice if a person doesn’t drive, except to take the limo. Unfortunately, there are no busses running from Las Vegas to Pahrump. A Taxicab will cost over $150 one way so that’s not a viable option. There are Death Valley tour busses but I don’t believe they stop in Pahrump for passenger exchange. Sometimes a ride can be arranged through Craigslist ads. If a client was privy to the names and phone numbers of the Sheri’s Ranch Courtesans’ drivers, they could contact one of them; I believe they will drive from Pahrump to pick Ladies up at Las Vegas McCarran Airport and transport them the 60 miles to Sheri’s Ranch for about $75 one way. It’s a 120 mile and 2 hour round trip for them, so that’s a fair price.

rewith85man
    Participant

Because I do not feel safe meeting someone from Craigslist, I would have to think long and hard…

Craigslist already has a bad reputation.

Hiring someone to meet me at Las Vegas Airport and take me to Sheri’s Ranch would be great. But, I would have to check out that person’s background and other information. I would never know who I am getting a car with.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by rewith85man.
    The Attorney
    Participant

Do they have Uber or Lift in Vegas? It’s typically cheaper than a taxi, but not as cost effective as a cheap rental. Then again, if you like to spurge, Vegas’s Hertz rental cars have a great stable of premium and exotic cars available I’ve used it like an extended test drive in Vegas before buying a car.

The Attorney
    Participant

As an aside, I miss the way that traffic on the 15 from LA to LV used to be, and I’m looking forward to the open road drive out to Pahrump, but any issues cops for the drive from LV? Is going 85-90 OK once you out of the LV ‘burbs and on the long stretch, or does it piss off the locals or the cops to go that fast?

Flint
    Participant

I suppose i will stick with the limo, firefighter.

Helexan
    Participant

The speed limit after the pass from Las Vegas to Pahrump is 75, but NHP is know to be strick. I normally do around 5 above and have been fine. If you want to go faster, just make sure someone ahead of you is even faster then you. It’s very rare to have more then one officer on that stretch of road due to how much land they have to cover.

Also at the top of the pass is a small town and the speed limit drops to 50 I believe but it could be lower. That section you need to be careful in.

The main rule of thumb is just drive safe, you want to make it. The total trip is from the airport to the ranch is 56 miles. So really doing 85 or 90 only saves you about 10 mins because you can really only do high speeds after the pass. Before the pass you have a lot of traffic getting out of the metro area then you go thru Red Rock park which has some turns and a steep climb. I always look at it this way. Trying to save 10 mins could actually delay you by 30 min and cost you 1000 dollars between the fine and insurance increases. I would rather arrive 10 mins later and have that money to party with.

The Attorney
    Participant

For me, it’s not really about getting to Sheri’s quickly, it’s about an opportunity for us city folk to enjoy the open road.

I rented a sports car from Hertz last Thursday upon my arrival at McCarran Airport, then headed out to Sheri’s on Friday morning while my buddies were out golfing.

Sipped of traffic once your past Enterprise/Rhodes Ranch, and are going up the hill was in the low 80’s. Once you get to the small town at the top of the mountain, the speed limit drops to 50, while speed of traffic is around 55, though a lot of big trucks (I presume they are locals) where going about 60-65. Out of respect for the other locals, I went through around 55.

Once through the town, speed of traffic gets to around the mid to high 80’s, but I ended up going low 90’s. It was fun and it really makes a trip to Sheri’s even more fun.

The drive back, however, was all melancholy, since I wish I could have stayed longer or gone back during the same trip. However, the drive back is also quick, because you can see the Strip once you out of the mountains.

Can’t wait to go back, for the drive and the ladies at Sheri’s.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s advisable to watch your speed because the Clark County Sheriff regularly tickets speeders. The Nye County Sheriff is a little more tolerant, but they will ticket speeders that drive 10 MPH over the posted speed limit. If a driver is caught traveling 20 MPH over the speed limit, they can be in serious trouble.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar