(800) 506-3565
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Destini
    Participant

So I found a diet that says you can loose 10 pounds in three days. I immediately asked a few of my friends to do it with me as the holidays are coming and we love all the yummy food. I got Erin to reluctantly agree right away, Riley took some time to convince but hopped right on board as we made our shopping list.

We each have a different opinion; I am open minded knowing everyone gets results based on their body’s make up and hoping to loose the max amount. Erin didn’t think it would work at all but since has shifted to thinking we may loose 6 pounds. Riley hasn’t voiced her guess but believes it could work.

Now the diet is called “the military diet” it suggest only doing a preplanned menu that says the chemical reaction of the chosen foods are what helps you loose weight.

We have completed our first day and here’s how it went for me. I actually have felt full off each meal. We ate at 930am again at 12:30pm and finally at 330pm. We all met in the kitchen for each meal wondering how we were possibly going to make the food satisfy our taste good senses. I have to admit I was scared about making tuna taste good without my miracle whip. But we did it!! We even got to have a tasty dessert of vanilla ice cream which I have never had on any diet. It suggest exercise so we took an hour walk and did some squats. It is now 935pm and I am still full. I’m very proud of all of us, working here and dieting at the se time can be quite hard with all the yummy tasty treats the kitchen puts out, I thought the fresh brownies would do us all in, but we made it through it. Thanks Riley and Erin for being great friends and helping me prove this works or bust this myth once and for all.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Destini.
    Riley
    Participant

I think this is a great science experiment. If we can work as a team and stick with it, we will have a good answer since there are three of us. So far, so good. I feel that it was more food than I would normally eat in a day so im still satisfied as well. The more people we can get to do this little experiment, the better our answer will be on whether it works or not. So I challenge anyone out there to try it. What do you have to lose? Stayed tuned for tomorrow updates. We get less food tomorrow, so we shall see how that goes…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Destini, Riley & Erin,
    I weighed in gym clothes today after working out, and the digital scale read 216 pounds. I’m 6’3″ and I would rather gain than lose weight. Do you have a muscle weight gaining diet? πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰
    XO FF

The Military Diet http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

CandyAndy
    Participant

Hey girls! I think your science project sounds like a lot of fun and the results will be interesting. I also think that the nutrition regimen that Firefighter suggests is awesome! If you don’t mind, I’d like to add some advice I learned when taking a health class in college.

Firstly, much of the weight loss that occurs due to many programs is the result of fluid loss in the body. People also lose weight at different rates because everyone is different. So if one of you comes close to losing ten pounds and another doesn’t, do not be discourage!

Second, many diets set calorie intakes well below recommended levels for most individuals. What this can do is set the body into a state in which it believes a famine is underway and the metabolism will actually work slower.

All in all, slow and steady wins the race. Don’t give up! You will reap many health benefits from following a moderate diet and exercising regularly which is much more important than a nice body figure. Skinny people can be more unhealthy than an obese person depending on their current habits. Plus, those brownies will taste better when you reunite with them after being away for awhile.

I don’t know what the actual regimen you all are following is and it might be a good one. I hope it works out well!

Interesting tidbit of information: Did you know that the calorie we know is actually a K Calorie? That means that 1 cal is actually 1,000 calories! Kinda scary. The terminology has been transformed overtime to colloquial information.

tomsk605036
    Participant

Good luck with your experiment.
    It will be interesting to see how you progress.

I’m been on a bit of a diet at the moment. Just eating a little less of what I would normnally and substituting the between meal snacks with more healthy foods. I’ve lost 10 pounds in 3 months

Flint
    Participant

Why do any of you three ladies think you need to lose that much weight?

Destini
    Participant

Firefighter that is the website we are using thanks for adding the link we weren’t sure if we could or not. Riley may have a few tricks up her sleeve on building muscle she was a power lifter you know!

Candyandy thanks for all your insight, as well as your cheers we hope we all have varying results even though we do things somewhat identical. I’m just happy that I have great friends to help me challenge myself. Riley and I have tried a few in the past the only one I enjoyed was the Atkins and it worked very well for me over the years. We met a friend who told us we were too restricted that inspired us to eat less but more if that makes sense. Now I’ve been stuck after loosing a bunch and wanted to speed things up for myself. We will see how it goes thanks for the support.

Tomsk yes we started that way in April I’m too embarrassed to say I lost 20 pounds since then and reached a plateau. I just want to loose 10 more and be back to normal quickly.

Flint unfortunately for me when I stopped the Atkins I ate way too much of the stuff I was staying away from and gained over 30 pounds quickly. I’ve lost 20 I’m at 124 today and want to be back where I was last Halloween party at least 118. I think my friends are awesome for helping me.

Riley
    Participant

Firefighter, I used to be a powerlifter and if I was under my weight class They fed me creatine and whey protein shakes. Im not too educated in this area. Also protein intake before and after your workouts should help. Thank you everyone for your thoughts. We will keep you posted on our progress.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Riley.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Firefighter that is the website we are using thanks for adding the link we weren’t sure if we could or not. Riley may have a few tricks up her sleeve on building muscle she was a power lifter you know!

Dear Destini, Erin & Riley,
    Yes, you may add hyperlinks to your posts. The only limitation is it should be something relevant which this is because it concerns the weight consciousness of Sheri’s Courtesans.

Links that should be avoided are those directing to other brothels, other message boards (not including Twitter or Facebook social media), rogue, hateful or illicit websites and etcetera.

I didn’t know Riley was a powerlifter. Riley gave me some advice on drinking whey protein shakes. Thank you Riley!

XO FF

P.S. Destini, your wishlist didn’t appear as a hyperlink for some reason. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=cm_wl_search_2?ie=UTF8&cid=A2CAYT0HSY8RPG

tomsk605036
    Participant
    Destini
    Participant

Thank you both very much πŸ™‚ I’m not all that great on computers.

Erin
    Participant

So, I’m late to post on our little experiment because I went to bed early! This is day 2, and day 1 was challenging for me so I don’t know what I’m going to do today! I found that the amount of food was adequate for me at each meal, I did feel full after eating, but that I became hungry again an hour or so later. Also, I tend to get “hangry” (hungry + angry) when I go too long between meals/ snacks, lol. The schedule for the diet is very strict no snacking and my normal eating habits are small portions every 2 hours or so. I found that my energy levels were much lower than normal and that while our group exercising felt good, it also helped send me to bed early.

Having my friends here to support me is probably the most helpful thing with this diet. There were a few times yesterday that I considered just ONE cucumber or an extra banana, but knowing Destini and Riley were there for me and struggling too kept me from giving in.

Today, I felt more satisfied with the planned breakfast, even though it was less than yesterday. We ate breakfast at 930 and it’s now 1115 and I’m not hungry again yet, which is rare for me since I snack a lot usually. I’m optimistic about the whole experiment, I think if anything just drinking more water will help.

But I am not looking forward to cottage cheese for lunch … πŸ™

CandyAndy
    Participant

@Erin, you should be okay snacking on carrots, celery or something low in protein, carbs and fat. It will give you more minerals too which probably what your body is really asking for when it sends you signals of hunger. When you’re feeling hunger, your body also may simply need more water. I’ve heard that the signal felt in the stomach is the same for both hunger and thirst.

Good luck again! Y’all seem really inspired for this!

Destini
    Participant

Day 2 was a bit rough on the palate. Although I don’t hate cottage cheese like Erin my hardship was the boiled egg. Yuck!! We just had dinner and the again Riley and I are stuffed. I agree we don’t eat this amount of food in a single day still hoping the chemical thing is real lol. Thank goodness for the vanilla ice cream at the end of each day so yummy. Looking forward to our walk and working some of this off. It’s funny listening to us all whine about different foods and each of us cheering eachother through to the last bite. You girls rock!!

Flint
    Participant

Destini, thanks for the added clarification. I wish you ladies well in this endevour.

Riley
    Participant

Day 2 was definitely rough. Im not a huge fan of cottage cheese either and it was soo much cottage cheese! I super excited to have hotdogs for dinner so that made it a bearable day. Everyone is still going strong. Good job. Hopefully we dont break on day 3. Im already dreaming on what to eat when its over πŸ™‚

Allissa
    Participant

It’s fun following your journey sexy ladies! We will see how it works and I might have to try. For now my friends, I’ll observe the experiment πŸ™‚ Good Luck and keep strong! Miss ya XoXo

Riley
    Participant

So diet complete. Kinda screwed up and had a few drinks. I lost 2 pounds. Better than nothing! I will probably never. Do it again. It was very hard the last day.

Flint
    Participant

My experience is that it is easier to slowly lose weight and keep if off. How did Destini and Erin do?

Leto
    Participant

I hate to burst this mutual bubble but there is no magic bullet or chemistry for food and weight loss. The tried and true statement remains true always: Take Less Calories In Than You Burn Every Day.
    I have lost 30 pounds since January, on purpose. Slowly, 1 pound a week or so.
    The normal person needs about 1800 calories a day.
    Your blood sugar needs to stay stable, for this you must eat small amounts every 3 hours or so.
    Take a balanced diet (carbs, fat, protein) and have the following number of calories at:
    Breakfast 200 cal
    Morning Snack 150 cal
    Lunch 200 cal
    Afternoon Snack 150 cal
    Dinner 300 cal
    Evening Snack 150 cal

Drink water liberally throughout the day.
    Fruits are great and have about 90 to 120 calories each. Granola Bar about 90 cal. Look in the Nutrition Aisle at stores for weight loss prepared meals and items. Learn ONLY the calories in each! Follow above.

PS you ladies already look great but weight management is a personal thing!! So good luck! And on my next trip(s) there I have on my agenda hoping to party with at least two of you…!

xoxo

Leto

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar