(800) 506-3565
  • This topic has 18 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 4257 times
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    rewith85man
    Participant

I just realize that renting a car is better than riding in a limo because of unexpected costs from the limo service company.

But, I am a little scared about driving a rented car to Sheri’s Ranch once I leave the Las Vegas Airport (LAS). I fear that I may get lost or stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I may need to hire someone, either a Courtesan or a previous customer of Sheri’s Ranch (I prefer), to meet me at the airport, wait for me to get the rented car, and have me follow him or her to Sheri’s Ranch in Pahrump. That person must be reliable because I do not want to get lost on the road. Once we arrive to Sheri’s Ranch, I would pay him or her in cash.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by rewith85man.
    rewith85man
    Participant

I would let that person when I am coming to Las Vegas.

tomsk605036
    Participant

I think you’re letting yourself get too worried about this.
    The route from McCarran airport is quite simple and stays mostly on major roads.
    Here’s Google’s route
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/McCarran+International+Airport,+5757+Wayne+Newton+Blvd,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89119,+United+States/Sheri’s+Ranch+Brothel,+10551+Homestead+Rd,+Pahrump,+NV+89061,+United+States/@36.0688648,-116.1000964,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x80c8c59f1f049c5d:0x471359241ec41e1e!2m2!1d-115.153739!2d36.084!1m5!1m1!1s0x80c63e73b7f22383:0x86e6dbef648f16bc!2m2!1d-115.956434!2d36.070751?hl=en

Many of the larger car rental companies will also rent out satellite navigation units for less than $10/day. Alternatively you can buy new or re-furbished units from Wal-Mart for less than $100.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by tomsk605036.
    Maverick
    Participant

Rewith,

I was at one time directionally challenged so I understand your apprehension. As suggested a GPS MAYBE of reasonable assistance. I know of some who have used said devise, didn’t have great luck and were sent afar and asunder. So success is not assured.

However, let me give you a little help with some visuals.

First, after you get your car, presumably at the LAS rental facility, make your way to the strip go down toward the end, you will find SR160 ( Blue Diamond Road.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_State_Route_160

After you get on Blue Diamond the road will look a lot like this:

Blue Diamond

See those mountains ahead, your going to drive through and over them. Famously known as the “Hump to Pahrump”, takes about an hour more or less.

You’ll know your close when you see this sign on your right.

Pahrump Sign

Decelerate slightly and look to your left for Manse Rd. turn from 160 onto Manse. Monitor your speed coming off 160 its easy to speed on these now residential roads and we need to be considerate of the locals.

You will come to the intersection of Manse and Homestead Road.

Manse and Homestead 1

Manse nad Homestead 2

At this intersection turn left and go all the way down to the end of the road.

When you see this on your right:

Terribles

You know your on the right path.

This is the end of the road.

End of Road

Look to your left, that’s Sheri’s, should you decide to continue over the mountains ahead its going to be rough terrain but welcome to California.

Remember don’t park in Marci’s parking spot:

Marci Spot

and enter through the bar entrance.

Bar Entance

Good luck neophyte!!!!

My Best,

Mav

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Maverick.
    Anakin
    Participant

Blue Diamond Road doesn’t really look like that any more until you get over the mountains, but it’s still the route to take. Just did it myself (in a rented car) last Thursday. More on the trip later on (and on another thread).

Maverick
    Participant

Anakin is right, 160 has been going through some serious work the past few years so it looks a bit different but the mountains haven’t moved…at least since last year.

My Best,

Mav

Anonymous
    Inactive

@maverick, Thanks for the visuals! I believe 160 is a divided highway with signals or controlled access within the Metro Area now.

I will eventually be driving out to Pahrump by way of Bakersfield and have tossed around idea of going to Las Vegas before since the extra distance will offer better road conditions.

BadDog
    Participant

ShyGuy – Driving in from Bakersfield is pretty simple. Take CA-58 to Barstow, the I-15 north to Baker, in Baker turn left onto CA-127 up to Shoshone, take a right onto CA-178 (turns into NV-372) into Pahrump. Right turn onto NV-160, make a right onto Homestead and drive to the end. The drive through Death Valley is on a well maintained road. Although since you are driving through a National park the speed limit is slightly lower (50-60 mph). I’ve driven to Sheri’s from both directions, the roads are about the same conditon either way.

tomsk605036
    Participant

@ShyGuy007
    I will also be driving to Sheri’s via Bakersfield. I’ll be coming from San Jose!

rewith85man
    Participant

Thanks for the pictures or visuals, Maverick.

Now, I feel more comfortable driving from LAS Airport to Sheri’s Ranch because I can recognize some areas I will drive.

Does anyone else have any more pictures to show just in case first-timers like me want to drive to Sheri’s Ranch?

rewith85man
    Participant

I would like to see pictures of the LAS Airport and when you leave there as well.

I would appreciate if one or more people post those pictures and more.

That would really help me and some other people find our way to Sheri’s Ranch easily.

rewith85man
    Participant

If a newbie like me gets lost on the road, can he or she call someone from Sheri’s Ranch and ask for help or more clear directions to the brothel?

Jeremy Lemur
    Participant

Wow @maverick! Those photos wonderfully illustrate the trip to Sheri’s Ranch. Don’t forget to let out a “WOO HOO!” when you cross the Nye County line – when you enter Nye County prostitution is legal and all is right with the world…

Maverick
    Participant

@maverick, Thanks for the visuals! I believe 160 is a divided highway with signals or controlled access within the Metro Area now.

Shy, Yes closer to Vegas 160 is a divided highway. When you get further away from Vegas the division disappears.

Thanks for the pictures or visuals, Maverick.

Now, I feel more comfortable driving from LAS Airport to Sheri’s Ranch because I can recognize some areas I will drive.

My Pleasure Rewith…I was you once!!! I understand from where your at this was potentially a big confidence builder.

I would like to see pictures of the LAS Airport and when you leave there as well.

Well if your headed to the consolidated car rental facility (McCarran Rent-A-Car Center) it won’t be of much use. At McCarran International Airport just outside from baggage pick-up you will find and board shuttle buses that will transport you to the consolidated facility located at 7135 Gilespie Street.

https://www.mccarran.com/Go/RentalCars.aspx

This facility is just a few blocks from the strip. Drive out of the garage onto Warm Springs to the strip turn left onto Las Vegas Blvd. The first major intersection is LVB and 160 turn right and head out approximately 1 hour out of LV.

Your first time its nerve wracking but its truly a cake drive….nice too… if you appreciate the mountainous regions.

If a newbie like me gets lost on the road, can he or she call someone from Sheri’s Ranch and ask for help or more clear directions to the brothel?

Not sure but I’m sure they would be accommodating as possible. Better to stop by a convenience store or gas station and ask for directions to Pahrump via SR160. Just stay on the straight and narrow and you will be fine.

Dude, I can tell as a neophyte you have a serious case of nerves. Look I remember my first trip to Pahrump I had visions of Deliverance….. dueling banjos and all. I was doing as I think you are doing now…making too much of it. Relax, breathe in and out slowly, open yourself up and be receptive to a new experience. This is a time for personal growth ( above the belt….the rest comes later after you get to Pahrump.). Nobody I know or advised in the many years I have done this has not made it out there. Chill my young apprentice!!!

Wow @maverick! Those photos wonderfully illustrate the trip to Sheri’s Ranch.

Thanks Jeremy!! Hope all is well with you!

Carpe Diem all.

My Best,

Mav

YB_Goode
    Participant

Wow! with both Maverick and Dex back on the boards this is just like old times!! (can that troll Santababy be far behind?! HAHAHA)

Rewith – You’d do well to listen to those two! Mav and Dex know what they’re talking about, and are well respected by both the courtesans and fellow forum members. So yeah, relax! the drive from Vegas is VERY simple. It goes through some remote areas, but the highway is well traveled, so you wouldn’t be stranded very long even if something happened. I would recommend the rental option.

The only other option, as I see it, is to have the Sheri’s ranch limo pick you up. It’s free to you, apart from a tip for the driver, you can relax on the drive, and they would return you to the airport as well. HOWEVER, while it’s “free” it does cost you some negotiating power, as the courtesan you choose must then split her earnings with the driver. (If you drive yourself she splits 50/50 with the house. With the limo, I believe she splits her half with the driver so it’s now 50 house/25 driver/25 courtesan)

rewith85man
    Participant

YB_Goode,

In my opinion, the limo service company is unfair. The limo driver(s) is supposed to charge the exact amount of money to the customer(s) he drives from the LAS Airport or another place to Sheri’s Ranch.

It is not right that the customer like me has to pay more money to the limo or taxi driver(s) because of the number of paid services I have with Sheri’s Ranch ladies.

What if I just pay for one service such as a bubble bath party with one woman? Would I have to pay extra money to the limo or taxi driver(s) if he does not have enough?

YB_Goode
    Participant

Rewith – I tend to agree with you that the Sheris Ranch limo is a little unfair, but I’ve also seen reports from several people who did it and enjoyed the experience. You get to relax on the drive, roll like a VIP, plus the drivers are friendly and entertaining. I was merely presenting you with the options, considering that you seem a little hesitant to drive yourself.

I’m not sure I understand your question, and I think there may be a bit of a misunderstanding. There is a difference between the Sheris Limo (which is hired by the ranch to pick up customers) and any of the many public limo and cab services that work out of Las Vegas.

With a Vegas cab/limo service, say from the airport, you would negotiate a rate and pay on your own, to go back and forth to Pahrump. That’s about 3hrs of drive time plus waiting for you while you party inside, so as you can imagine that would be pretty pricey. (I would guess several hundred dollars…which is why most have recommended the much cheaper 1-2day car rental option)

Using the Sheris Limo, you would call the office, and schedule a pick up. There is no direct payment from you (but you should tip the driver for their service), but instead the Sheri’s office pay their rate out of the proceeds from your activities there. So from the customer perspective, the ride is “complimentary”, but you should be aware that since this effects the courtesans take home pay, they factor it into the negotiations…possibly reducing your “bang for the buck”. It may seem unfair on the basis of a single party, but when you consider that the drivers probably will spend their whole day being your chauffeur, and that a small percentage of patrons actually use their service, then it makes more sense. They have to make a living, too!

Basically, you will pay to get there one way or another. I enjoy the drive in from SoCal or Vegas when I visit, and prefer that my fees go the women that so generously share themselves with me, so I choose the drive yourself option.

Hope that helps!

Maverick
    Participant

(If you drive yourself she splits 50/50 with the house. With the limo, I believe she splits her half with the driver so it’s now 50 house/25 driver/25 courtesan)

As I understand it the calculus goes like this, assuming a $1000.00 party.

$1000.00 – 30% = $700.00 ( this is the transport cut, which comes off of the top before the split.)

$700.00 – 50% = $350.00 ( House Split)

$350.00 leaving this residual amount for your lady of desire.

With a Vegas cab/limo service, say from the airport, you would negotiate a rate and pay on your own, to go back and forth to Pahrump. That’s about 3hrs of drive time plus waiting for you while you party inside, so as you can imagine that would be pretty pricey. (I would guess several hundred dollars…which is why most have recommended the much cheaper 1-2day car rental option)

I don’t find this credible either. Be it the house limo or any form of compensated transport the 30% cut still applies. This has been a time honored tradition in LPIN for decades, courtesy of the grandfather of LPIN Joe Conforte’, more on this later.

There is a difference between the Sheris Limo (which is hired by the ranch to pick up customers) and any of the many public limo and cab services that work out of Las Vegas.

The limo service is not hired by the ranch….these are ranch limos and the drivers are on the ranch payroll.

YBG is right there are some folks that love the limo option. I have advised many a whale about the limo artifice and some just don’t care they willfully pay the differential. Its a matter of affordability and the experience you desire.

In my opinion, the limo service company is unfair. The limo driver(s) is supposed to charge the exact amount of money to the customer(s) he drives from the LAS Airport or another place to Sheri’s Ranch

Well you can thank Joe Conforte’ for this paradigm.

Joe and Sally

This is Joe with his wife Sally Burgess.

Before Joe met Sally and entered LPIN, Joe was a cab driver, in the San Francisco area I believe. This metric was used by businesses in his time as a cabbie to induce and motivate cabbies to bring tourists to their establishments. So guess what Joe did to get business for the Mustang?? He was kind of a mover and shaker.

As the story goes Joe fled the US for Rio in Brazil where he still resides. In recent years I have had some lateral contact with him but it been over a year since I’ve heard anything. He is in his eighties now, at last pass he had a young girlfriend and was living the good life.

So guys its either rent the car or prepare to pay the premium not too many ways around it.

My Best,

Mav

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s nearly impossible to get lost driving from McCarran Airport to Sheri’s Ranch. Exit the airport and enter I15 South. Then take the Blue Diamond Road HWY 160 exit and travel west. Stay on HWY 160 until you reach Manse Road just before entering Pahrump. Turn left on Manse Road and travel West on Manse and then turn left or south onto Homestead Road to the dead end at Sheri’s Ranch. If you miss Manse Road continue into Pahrump and at the first stop light which is Homestead Road turn left or south to the dead end at Sheri’s Ranch.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar