(800) 506-3565
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    stripe_pa
    Participant

So a recent set of messages with one of Sheri’s ladies has prompted the question, which Sheri’s ladies enjoy Science Fiction and Comics?

Take it a step further and mention what your favorite Sci-Fi and Comics are?

Flint
    Participant

i think we did some of this already. No matter I want to see any responses from the ladies. From prior threads those role playing super heroines must be in this group.

AlexEmpire
    Participant

If it’s by Warren Ellis, then I probably love it. I’m equal opportunity DC/Marvel, and he’s worked on both. He has a couple of stand alone series that I have loved, particularly Freak Angels and Transmetropolitan. But the latter has a lot to do with my interest in the concept of Transhumanism more than my love of Sci/fi.

I am not a huge Batman fan but I’m absolutely crushed that The Killing Joke is getting such a limited release. Phenomenal story.

I must confess to being more of a Sci/fi fan than comics in particular. Star Wars is <3, especially anything in the expanded universe that takes place during the Old Republic era. Before Episode 7 came out I couldn’t have told you what happened after Episode 6, but if you want to talk about Revan and Malak or Darth Bane, then I’m your girl.

I’m (obviously) very into Doctor Who. Also Firefly, RIP. I’m currently devouring Battlestar Galactica for the first time, so no spoilers please. And Star Trek is next.

Of course Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, Phillip K. Dick, Orson Scott Card. I still haven’t read Dune though 🙁

Flint
    Participant

This is all good to know Alex. No Arthur C Clarke?

stripe_pa
    Participant

Alex… this is exactly why I put this post up!

I watch a lot more than I read, but I do have quite a collection of the Star Wars miniatures including expanded universe. Within that collection is Reavan and Malak as well as Darth Bane so I’d be interested in hearing about what is going on during their times and what Jedi may or may not be around during their times. I’m not sure where Darth Talon and Darth Scion, etc fit in either if you’ve read anything about their time periods. I think you could probably fill me in on a lot and a conversation with you would be awesome!

Firefly was a fantastic show/movie!

Which Battlestar Galactica are you watching… the 80s one with Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch or the newer one with Katie Sackhoff? I watched the 80s one, but didn’t get into the newer one much.

Where do you plan to start with Star Trek… I’ve seen all of those… TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, The Animated Series, All the movies, and most of Enterprise.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by stripe_pa.
    Flint
    Participant

never got into the the remake of BSG. Probably already known as a ST fan.

Dex
    Participant

Me thinks Alex would look great in Leia’s slave outfit from ROTJ.

Flint
    Participant

oooooh must see a picture of that.

Melanie
    Participant

LOVE the role play and outfits of Sci-Fi/comic fans. Just my two cents. I know most the girls here do. We all enjoy dressing up and really diving into character if that is what you desire. 🙂

Nightwish
    Participant

[quote quote=19260]LOVE the role play and outfits of Sci-Fi/comic fans. Just my two cents. I know most the girls here do. We all enjoy dressing up and really diving into character if that is what you desire. :)

[/quote]

There’s a great theme for this years Halloween weekend. Brilliant, you all!!

Flint
    Participant

I wish I knew that when I met you yesterday, Melanie.

Iris Sparks
    Participant

In the time since this post was made: nananananananana-nananananananana BATMAN! ❤

Flint
    Participant

You mean the 1960’s TV show, Iris?

Iris Sparks
    Participant

As much hilarity as I got out of the 60’s movie, I did not go back and binge the TV show; the camp was just a teeny bit too high for me. I’ve gotten into the comics, 80’s and post 80’s, where they brought back the grittiness of the Batman(that was apparently promised in the 40’s and mostly removed in the 50’s).

Flint
    Participant

Too mucvh dark behavior for Batman, and other DC heroes. Maybe Rebirth will fix that? Do you go to any comic cons, Iris?

Robert
    Participant

[quote quote=19142]Alex… this is exactly why I put this post up!

I watch a lot more than I read, but I do have quite a collection of the Star Wars miniatures including expanded universe. Within that collection is Reavan and Malak as well as Darth Bane so I’d be interested in hearing about what is going on during their times and what Jedi may or may not be around during their times. I’m not sure where Darth Talon and Darth Scion, etc fit in either if you’ve read anything about their time periods. I think you could probably fill me in on a lot and a conversation with you would be awesome!

Firefly was a fantastic show/movie!

Which Battlestar Galactica are you watching… the 80s one with Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch or the newer one with Katie Sackhoff? I watched the 80s one, but didn’t get into the newer one much.

Where do you plan to start with Star Trek… I’ve seen all of those… TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, The Animated Series, All the movies, and most of Enterprise.

[/quote]
    I just went to ToyCon and met Dirk Benedict, Richard Hatch, Sam ‘Flash’ Jones, the Cobra Kai sensei and that shit head Johnnie from KK. 😉 Yeah, old nerd alert!

Twelfth Doctor
    Participant

Science fiction channel changed to syfy why? Discuss

Flint
    Participant

any more comments from the ladies??

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar