(800) 506-3565
  • This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 1672 times
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

He makes a legit point.

TheCatTribe
    Participant

This is inappropriate. Dave Chappelle is funny, but this isn’t one of his better jokes and I object to your putting it here. I may be the only one who thinks your post is more offensive than funny, but I think you should be ashamed.

First, there is the derogatory use of a word that is generally a pejorative towards women and especially sex workers. Putting this joke here is fairly insulting. Your seeming to think it appropriate here because this forum is about courtesans actually makes it less appropriate.

Second, the whole “uniform” premise suggests (1) women deserve to be treated as objects based on how they dress, (2) certain types of women’s clothing mean a woman is a “certain way” and must accept how she is treated, and (3) that sex workers or “women who look like a sex worker” are free game for sexual harassment and even assault.

I understand I am getting my bollocks in a twist over a joke, but a joke doesn’t absolve you from responsibility for what you say or give unwelcome attitudes a free pass. That the joke comes from a professional comedian doesn’t make it “okay” or necessarily funny. I’m sure you meant no insult or harm, but your post is insulting and implies harmful things.

Flint
    Participant

should the post be deleted?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you something even more offensive. >:P

https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7f41171033ae330df0a7dd1c09a7b23b?convert_to_webp=true

TheCatTribe
    Participant

I’ve said my piece. If someone associated with Sheri’s wants to delete this thread, it is up to them but shouldn’t be done on my account.

Diesel, I’m sure that is true. Perhaps a joke that insults people is best around only one’s real friends. Or perhaps you are real friends with all of the fine ladies of Sheri’s and the users of this forum except me.

I should add that I have a tendency to overreact and I wouldn’t be totally surprised to learn everyone else was okay at what Diesel intended as a harmless laugh.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by TheCatTribe.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Lisa Lampanelli is number one! Most offensive woman ever! >:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar