(800) 506-3565
  • This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Flint. This post has been viewed 3161 times
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    legato
    Participant

Can someone explain how the limo service works? Can I use it if I arrive at McCarran International Airport? Would I set up a pickup time beforehand? How much would it cost?

MagicFingers
    Participant

I’m pretty sure they can pick you up at the airport. I used it from a hotel but here’s how it worked for me. I made an appointment with a lady through the website. The driver picked me up about an hour before. He waited while I was at the ranch and then drove me back to my hotel. The ride is complimentary but you really should tip him.

kane
    Participant

Now, I have not been to Sheri’s yet, but have a scheduled visit there next month with a limousine pick up at the airport. Now as I understand it, (and perhaps a staff member or courtesan can confirm this), When you use limo service a portion of your party cost goes to your driver, so your party cost is higher. So I am not sure about tipping, I mean, if he is already getting a cut, why tip? Wouldn’t that cut be the same? If not, what is the recommended tip amount?

MagicFingers
    Participant

You are correct that a portion of your party cost goes to the driver. I don’t know if that necessarily means the cost is higher, but I’ve read other posts indicating that using the limo actually lowers the amount your lady actually receives. From what I’ve read, the driver gets a percentage of the party cost. That’s why other posts suggest driving yourself there so the lady gets more (in my case I didn’t have a choice but I’m going to definitely drive there for my next trip).

IMO, you would tip the driver for the same reason you would tip a waiter, a cab driver, etc. Just think about the time he has to put in. About 4 hours of drive time (it’s about 1 hour from LV to the ranch) plus a couple of hours while your party is going on. Assuming he doesn’t drive to/from LV while your party is going on, that’s around 6 hours. It’s like any other tip that you just give him whatever you feel is appropriate for the service your received.

Flint
    Participant

Whether the party costs increase i would tip the driver. For years I have had the same one. he makes the trip more pleasant and is amenable to minor deviations.

kane
    Participant

Good to know the etiquette guys. I will be sure to tip my driver.

Flint
    Participant

No problem, matt. We all started from square one.

YB_Goode
    Participant

This info is mostly correct, however there are a couple of misconceptions that may change how you approach things…

The split of the party proceeds is definitely different, rather than the normal 50/50, when the limo is used. That cut goes towards covering the cost of the limo service, but does NOT go to the pockets of the drivers themselves. (Which would argue FOR tipping the drivers well). This extra cut necessarily lowers the amount that the courtesan takes home for her services. Although not an official surcharge, you can imagine that a lady might adjust her prices upwards to account for that.

Take home: Use the limo service if you like, especially if not using it would mean that you don’t make the trip at all…just realize that it is a convenience that will likely preclude you from getting the absolute best price for a party. It’s a trade off. You just have to decide what works best for you.

Personally, I prefer to drive myself, but it’s a fairly easy trip from So Cal. If I were flying into Vegas from the East Coast, it might make more sense not to bother with rental cars, directions to Pahrump, driving, staying sober etc and just relax and travel there in style.

have fun!
    YB

Flint
    Participant

Unfortunately everyone cannot drive to the Ranch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar