(800) 506-3565
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rewith85man
    Participant

I may want to contact a car rental company and rent a car for 2 days when I am at Sheri’s Ranch.

But, I want to know if anyone knows a good car rental company there?

Would it accept debit cards, cash, money orders besides credit cards?

tomsk605036
    Participant

I can’t make any recommendations, but where are you coming from?
    If it’s LV, probably better to rent a car there and drive to Sheri’s.

Most car rental companies require a credit card as they will charge it should there be any damage to the car. After you’ve returned that car, they will usually let you pay the final bill with cash if desired.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by tomsk605036.
    Angel Parr
    Participant

sorry baby I wish I could help but I live in Vegas so I just drive my own car up here

BlueEyedMontana
    Participant

But, I want to know if anyone knows a good car rental company there?

If you get onto one of the travel sites, such as Priceline, you can find very reasonable rental cars at the Rental Car Center in Las Vegas; which I am assuming you would be renting from. They have many companies to choose from and the process of renting one through these sites is actually pretty easy.

Would it accept debit cards, cash, money orders besides credit cards?

Most of the time however, most of the rental car companies want a credit card at the time of rental. They tend to put a deposit on the card, usually from $100 to $200, that is refunded a few days after the car is returned. They don’t tend to want debit cards as a deposit and if they do they increase the deposit amount at times to even $500. But, as mentioned previously, you can reserve the card with a credit card and pay for the rental with a debit card or cash when you return the car.

Hope this helps…

——————————————————————————–

rewith85man
    Participant

Thanks for that information.

It is complicated.

I want to rent a car so that I can drive around Pahrump and visit some places. Hopefully, my wish would come true if I arrive at Sheri’s Ranch next year.

tomsk605036
    Participant

For my vacation and trip to Sheri’s, I’ve rented a Corvette Comvertible.
    I’ll be doing a fair bit of driving around California so I figured I might as well enjoy myself. 😀

Allissa
    Participant

Jealous Tom!
    Rw I would fore sure check ahead with the rental car company ahead of time to see if thet accept debit if that’s what you need to use, I’ve had problems before. Orbitz or One travel have deals or going to each rental site, there is so many in Vegas all competing for a cheap price.

The Attorney
    Participant

+1 to that. Las Vegas Hertz has a terrific selection of high end cars, but they are a bit of a hassle to rent because the rental clerk will go over the car with a fine tooth comb at checkout because they plan on charging you for every little scratch and ding. Checkout can take half an hour. Also, returning the car is a hassle, too. The return clerk grabbed a mirror-on-a-stick to check the bottom of the car for scrapes. Despite the hassle, it was a lot of fun.

Mr_TN
    Participant

I rented an Audi from National Rental Car in June, and I bought the “loss/damage waiver.” They don’t look at the car at all when you drop it off. I also rented a Ford Focus in July through Enterprise with the same loss/damage waiver.

I travel a fair bit for work, and I highly recommend National. Better customer service and Enterprise has down-graded my orders in the past.

Most companies will accept a debit card, but if you don’t buy the loss/damage waiver, they will probably put a temporary hold on extra money to cover small damage (e.g. $200).

rewith85man
    Participant

So, if I get the loss/damage waiver, can I use my debit card at any car rental company instead?

coldshowr
    Participant

I travel a lot so I know the process.
    You will want a credit card if at all possible if you want to get out of an airport fast. Debit cards usually mean you have to provide a lot of extra information and a deposit up front. Taking the loss damage waiver is usually a good thing to prevent hassle when you come back.
    Cash is accepted at some places and not at others. Checks are a no-no.

Tatyana
    Participant

I use Enterprise every trip. They have an office in Pahrump and are extremely friendly, professional, and have competitive rates. They also pick me up for free at Sheri’s at the end of my trips.

Red Diamonds
    Participant

rewith85man, Whenever I need to rent a car I go with Enterprise. Usually when you fly in and show a copy of your itinerary to Enterprise, they’ll take debit cards…

rewith85man
    Participant

Thanks for your responses, y’all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar