(800) 506-3565
  • This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 2625 times
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Erin
    Participant

So, there’s lots of freedoms we were privy to as children that we can’t access as adults. What is something you did as a child that was completely acceptable, even cute, that you could Absolutely Not do now that you’re grown?

Growing up in rural Lousiana, I know we did all kinds of things that wouldn’t fly now that I’m of legal age. The best examples that I have? Definitely running around our yard naked. If I ran out onto my lawn naked now, I might get some appreciative looks but a visit from the police is inevitable…

Let’s keep this funny not weird, lol.

Emma
    Participant

I ran around naked all over the place as a kid. I hated wearing clothes. I’d strip off whenever my parents weren’t looking and they would have to go find my clothes.

The deli counter at my local store had a step right in front of it. I used to talk back and forth on the step singing really loudly while I was waiting for my mum to get her order. If I did that now people would think I was completely insane.

Eva M
    Participant

Running around naked seems to be a tend amongst us lol. I hated wearing cloths and would strip down and run around jumping on furniture. Sometimes if nobody was watching me, I’d even make it out of the house naked, granted I was less than 2 years old so it was innocent mischief.

I was a bit of a prankster as I got older and often hid in the cloths hampers at department stores so my mom couldn’t find me. That I feel a bit guilty for since she use to worry while I peaked through the garments laughing. I can’t imagine being able to hide in a department store dress rack now lol

Eva M
    Participant

Something like this 🙂

Attachments:
    Flint
    Participant

Cute.

Olivia
    Participant

These are all hilarious!! Running around naked is definitely a popular one, that was the first thing I thought of when I read this but I think I can come up with something that would be considered inappropriate as an adult…

Cutting my cousins bangs, well, cutting her hair to give her bangs that actually ended up looking like a bad Cabbage Patch doll would for sure be deemed inappropriate as an adult.. We were just having fun, she cut mine afterwards! Hahaha We were playing “beauty salon”…

Another would have to be wrapping myself up in a sleeping bag and rolling down the stairs!! Lots of fun but definitely not adult-appropriate! LoL

Oh to be a kid again!

CandyAndy
    Participant

Many, many things. I don’t think I’ve ran around naked quite as often as you girls when I was a toddler, but I do remember many other mischievous activities. My parents would often leave us at home for errands and felt safe about it, I guess, since I have a few siblings. Well, my brothers and I would get bored and each of us would creatively find ways to cure the condition, mostly in ways that I should definitely know better than to do by now.

One day, we spent the whole day calling different people in the phone book. We didn’t think of it as prank calling, we were just interested in exploring the world and the phone book was our way into it. It began with the idea that I could secure my brother a spot as a professional race car driver when he turned 18. I figured I’d get him a head start so I found a phone number next to a picture with a race car and checkered flag next to it. The lady on the other end sounded very confused. I suspect, today, that at the time I was really speaking to an agent of a car repair facility. We spent the whole day on the phone and ended only in the evening when we called one of my brother’s friends and her father picked up at one point. He explained to us how using the telephone is far from free and that we needed to stop calling.

Another incident makes me wonder how we are still alive. One day, we climbed on a bunch of chairs to extract different chemicals out of the top cabinets of the house and had spray wars. Very scary parenting, I know, but when my folks found out about that one, we went almost everywhere with them for quite some time.

Upon my own observations, I’ve noticed that children spend a good amount of time talking to themselves. What is called imagination and play for them would probably cause me to lose a lot of friends and put me in a mental health facility today. And temper tantrums! I pulled many as a kid and every time I hear one I want to just buckle down at my parents feet crying “I’m sorry” and plead for their forgiveness.

Fun post, Erin!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by CandyAndy.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Walking outside wearing only my Huggies?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar