(800) 506-3565

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gil Bates
    Participant

I just wanted to get your thoughts on tipping the courtesans. I was previously told that the house gets 50% of any tips or gifts over $100. I don’t know if that number is still valid or if inflation says that now it’s $150. But, let’s say it’s $100. That means that if I tip $99, she keeps it all, but if I tip $100, she gets $50. Hmmm

Next, since the ladies are independent contractors and they have negotiated the price that they charge for the type of party you want, then the pay for the actual services is what you negotiated. Thus, the tip is for services above & beyond expectations?

I am usually a very generous tipper, but let’s face it: a waitress gets a tip in part because she is not earning all that much in the first place. It’s very different for a courtesan. They work very hard, but like a doctor or a lawyer, they are experts at what they do and not everyone can do it. They thus get paid very well for what they do and they also get to set their own prices.

I am NOT saying not to tip! I always tip well. What I am saying is that it is harder for me to decide how much is fair.

Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to hear your thoughts about this . . .

Gil Bates
    Participant

I called Sheri’s and was told that the figure is actually $20! So, that basically means that virtually ALL gifts and tips are shared between the house and the courtesan.

Flint
    Participant

I did not know the splitting amount was down to $20.

mr. s
    Participant

The house seems greedy to want to take even that from a lady’s gift. It’s bad enough they take out a percentage from what she makes on a party with a client when the client uses the limo.

Flint
    Participant

Probably should not type personal views on Ranch economics.

mr. s
    Participant

Oh okay. It was just an opinion but I’m sorry.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by mr. s.
    Flint
    Participant

No apology needed, it is good to know the level where the tips are split.

Gil Bates
    Participant

Sheri’s rep who answered the phone said that they did this because a courtesan could get a $500 tip on a $200 party (I didn’t know there WAS such thing as a $200 party!). Anyway, that’s what she said.

I was NOT trying to stir up any trouble. I just wanted some tips on how to figure out an appropriate tip for the lovely hard-working ladies. And, I am grateful for Sheri’s for providing a high class place to see these beautiful professionals. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar