December 6, 2015 at 4:04 pm #16351
My top 5:
1. Nightmare Before Christmas
2. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (cartoon)
3. Home Alone 1
4. Jack Frost
5. ScroogedDecember 6, 2015 at 4:13 pm #16353
1. Home Alone
2. Die Hard 2 (Sure it’s not a Christmas movie in the traditional sense, but I’ve always counted it as one!)
3. Home Alone 2
4. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
5. The Santa ClauseDecember 6, 2015 at 5:21 pm #16354
It’s a Wonderful Life
White Christmas (you know the one w/ Bing Crosby…LOL!)
A Christmas Story
I love this thread! So festive! Thank you Red! You are fabulous!December 6, 2015 at 7:23 pm #16355
OK, here are mine, (This includes TV Christmas specials as well as films).:
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas – Linus Van Pelt’s explanation of the meaning of Christmas is one of the greatest things ever made for TV.
2. How The Grinch Stole Christmas. 1966 Cartoon version – Chuck Jones’s animation coupled with a script by Seuss, songs by Tony The Tiger himself, Thurl Ravenscroft, and narration by Boris Karloff. How can it be other than supreme?
3. A Christmas Story.- Who Knew that the director of raunchy sex comedy, Porky’s could make such a classic, that one of the kids would wind up doing porn, or that Ralphie would produce Iron Man?
4. Love, Actually.- Multiple interconnected stories all culminating around Christmas. One of my late wife’s all time favorites.
5. Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer. – The first TV Christmas special, from 1964, by the excellent Rankin-Bass stop motion studio. See the Mad TV spoof, “Martin Scorsese’s Raging Rudolph” if you have not, it is brilliant.
Honorable mention: TV special Santa Claus Is Coming To Town. – Another Rankin Bass, featuring Fred Astare narration and a bad guy called the Burgermeister Meisterburger. That alone makes it worth seeing.
December 7, 2015 at 7:00 am #16361
- This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by kane.
Gremlins (yes I consider it a Christmas movie)
A Christmas Story
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Rudolph The Red Nosed ReindeerDecember 7, 2015 at 9:54 am #16363
A Christmas Carol
Ernest Saves Christmas
Christmas VacationDecember 8, 2015 at 12:30 pm #16375
Your welcome Amber 😘 just wanted to see the beautiful Christmas variety.
Alissa, I consider Gremlins a Christmas movie too ☺️December 10, 2015 at 9:47 pm #16387
Thanks Roswell for adding Christmas Vacation, I was beginning to wonder if I was alone.
RudolphDecember 13, 2015 at 12:20 am #16392
Die HardDecember 16, 2015 at 1:16 pm #16414
You know Allissa I was nicknamed Stripe because I used to do a Gremlins voice impression.
Top 5 Christmas movies:
1) The Year Without a Santa Claus (love the Miser Brothers)
2) A Christmas Carol, most any of them but the George C. Scott one is my favorite
3) Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer
4) Frosty the Snowman
5) Gremlins… because… you know… my handle is StripeDecember 16, 2015 at 5:13 pm #16418
1. Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
When a nice old man who claims to be Santa Claus is institutionalized as insane, a young lawyer decides to defend him by arguing in court that he is the real thing. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039628/
2. It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing what life would have been like if he never existed. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038650/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966)
A grumpy hermit hatches a plan to steal Christmas from the Whos of Whoville. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060345/?ref_=nv_sr_2
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but doesn’t quite understand the concept.
5. We’re No Angels (1955)
Three Devil’s Island escapees hide out in the home of a kindly merchant and repay his kindness by helping him and his family out of several crises. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048801/?ref_=nv_sr_1
6. A Christmas Carol (1951)
“Scrooge” (original title) ~ An old bitter miser is given a chance for redemption when he is haunted by three ghosts on Christmas Eve. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/?ref_=nv_sr_2December 16, 2015 at 6:00 pm #16419
Mr Magoo’s Christmas Carol
A Dog Named Christmas
The Christmas OrnamentDecember 16, 2015 at 6:48 pm #16420December 16, 2015 at 7:30 pm #16421
Miracle on 34th street (Natalie Wood as the kid)
How the Grinch stole Christmas (Cartoon, not Jim Carrey)
Bad Santa (Billy Bob, need I say more)
The Bishop’s Wife (Cary Grant)
We’re no Angels (Humphrey Bogart. seriously in a comedy)December 19, 2015 at 10:45 pm #16514
I think I’ll partake in watching The Nutcracker
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.