(800) 506-3565
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Kellie Love
    Participant

Better late than never!

1. Even though I am from Louisiana, I HATE spicy foods! Yes, I was born and raised Cajun, but spicy food just is not my thing.

2. I have NEVER been on Bourbon St. Not everyone from LA is from New Orleans, or has a desire to go party on Bourbon. Maybe one day I will visit!

3. I sang in my church choir for 16 years. From the tender age of 5 up until 21 years old, every Thursday and every Sunday, I was either at practice or as Mass. So Karaoke night is very special to me because it reminds me of my days back in Louisiana.

4. I can not, and will not watch anything remotely scary. I am a very sensitive sleeper. Even some commercials will keep me up at night!

5. I DO NOT LIKE rap music. This one comes up often when I select music. It is very frustrating to be judged because of my race. People assume that just because I am black, I am supposed to love all rap music. I can tolerate some, and even have like 5 songs in my ipod, but that’s about it!

6. I used to be very shy and soft spoken. Growing up, I was known in school as the “quiet smart girl” who would do her homework at lunch and recess. I am still a bookworm! (I occasional bring out my physics book and read in the bar.) It was not until I started talking public speaking courses in middle school and then continued through high school and university, that I became comfortable and confident talking in front of crowds.

7. BONUS: I have a rather strong Cajun accent! This one somewhat ties into number 6. After taking some many courses on speaking, I learned to speak in a more standard American accent. But after a few glasses of wine, I sound like the guys on Swamp People! As they say, You can take the girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl!

Flint
    Participant

You read which physics book s at the bar, Kellie?

Kellie Love
    Participant

Flint, It’s a book for an astronomy course I am taking! I will be done with the class in about 2 weeks!

Flint
    Participant

Nice to know, kellie. is it an introductory course in Astronomy? I never did get to teach that course.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar