1. Even though I am from Louisiana, I HATE spicy foods! Yes, I was born and raised Cajun, but spicy food just is not my thing.
2. I have NEVER been on Bourbon St. Not everyone from LA is from New Orleans, or has a desire to go party on Bourbon. Maybe one day I will visit!
3. I sang in my church choir for 16 years. From the tender age of 5 up until 21 years old, every Thursday and every Sunday, I was either at practice or as Mass. So Karaoke night is very special to me because it reminds me of my days back in Louisiana.
4. I can not, and will not watch anything remotely scary. I am a very sensitive sleeper. Even some commercials will keep me up at night!
5. I DO NOT LIKE rap music. This one comes up often when I select music. It is very frustrating to be judged because of my race. People assume that just because I am black, I am supposed to love all rap music. I can tolerate some, and even have like 5 songs in my ipod, but that’s about it!
6. I used to be very shy and soft spoken. Growing up, I was known in school as the “quiet smart girl” who would do her homework at lunch and recess. I am still a bookworm! (I occasional bring out my physics book and read in the bar.) It was not until I started talking public speaking courses in middle school and then continued through high school and university, that I became comfortable and confident talking in front of crowds.
7. BONUS: I have a rather strong Cajun accent! This one somewhat ties into number 6. After taking some many courses on speaking, I learned to speak in a more standard American accent. But after a few glasses of wine, I sound like the guys on Swamp People! As they say, You can take the girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl!