(800) 506-3565
  • This topic has 28 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 6716 times
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    rewith85man
    Participant

Is it okay for a person who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to visit Sheri’s Ranch or any other brothel and not sin?

Would he be judged even if he just talks but does not fornicate with the courtesan(s)?

Flint
    Participant

I cannot speak to the religious aspect, but what sin is committed by talking to any person?

J Alan
    Participant

I gotta say, this is an improper question. Are you asking for permission to put aside your Christianity, are you really interjecting how you wish to condemn those who visit a brothel, or are you trying to “save” some souls here?

You are a free moral agent. You decide what you can and cannot do. Don’t let your preacher decide for you, nor any of us.

If it helps, your Bible says that all people are sinners, prostitution is a sin, Jesus talked to prostitutes compassionately. Read Luke 7:36-50.

Angel Parr
    Participant

Lets go back to bible study for a second here

Mathew 7 1:5

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

Its not for any one but God to judge you, and his judgement should be the only ones that concern you. We are here to help people, not to be judgmental on anything. With that being said i will say that this is a business and the ladies here are working, so if you have no intentions of parting, while you may not be judged, you probably wont get too much conversation in with us, and if you are just planning on coming in to preach to us, I would suggest going to Church instead. We have good Christian men in here every single day, but your religion has nothing to do with a conversation, so theres no need to bring it up. Most of the women here are God fearing but don’t wish to be berated at their place of employment. We have no problems with a man coming in whom has no intentions of parting, and you can stay as long as you would like, as long as you are respectful. You don’t have to party here to hang out with us, and most of the time we are really cool people to be around, so please feel free to come in, but please keep your religion in your Church in you do.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Angel Parr.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Angel Parr.
    hoochie coochie man
    Participant

Well put, Angel!

roswell
    Participant

Not a sin to visit/socialize. You will be tempted . Come on down

Flint
    Participant

nicely out, Angel.

Angel Parr
    Participant

Thanks guys 🙂

Maverick
    Participant

Is it okay for a person who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to visit Sheri’s Ranch or any other brothel and not sin?

Would he be judged even if he just talks but does not fornicate with the courtesan(s)?

Rewith,

Its been awhile since I’ve been here and I see your still a bit of the mixer as the folks across the pond would say…so let me take this by the numbers….in some ways quite literally.

Mary of Magdala, better known as Mary Magdalene, traveled with Jesus as one of his followers. She is said to have witnessed Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection. Within the four gospels she is named at least 12 times more than most of the apostles. She developed a reputation in Western Christianity as being a repentant prostitute or loose woman even though this is not supported by the canonical gospels. She is considered to be a saint by the Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran churches—with a feast day of July 22, other Protestant churches honor her as a heroine of the faith.

If the following is assumed to be true and following a lucid, cogent, thoughtful and rationale thinking process at the very least talking to any of the ladies would not be a sin. In fact it would be very Christian in nature. As the natural definition of a Christian is being Christ like. As Jesus had purported to have at the very least spoken to Mary without limit.

However the evangelicals may have a problem with your polyester cotton shirt….This is one issue I have not seen them jump up and down on yet but the next one with the loosest screw is bound to bring this forth. They are typically too busy trying to foment fear in their endless quest for power and control. This is why I have found the most devout followers of any faith the ones that quietly, and many times in a state of denial, find the principals of their chosen faith(s)highly negotiable.

Leviticus 19:19

19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed:

neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.

You see they are too busy playing God instead of heeding the word.

Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

The power mongers would much rather divert the attention of the masses to the issues of others so they might be spared a through examination and lose their own standing…either real or feigned.

If we are all God’s children I find it appropriate to follow the same rules I learned in kindergarten (rules made by man).

1. Share everything.
    2. Play fair.
    3. Don’t hit people.
    4. Put things back where you found them.
    5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
    6. Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
    7. Say you’re SORRY when you HURT somebody.
    8. Wash your hands before you eat.
    9. Flush.
    10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
    11. Live a balanced life – learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
    12. Take a nap every afternoon.
    13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
    14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
    15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup – they all die. So do we.
    16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned – the biggest word of all – LOOK.”

“It doesn’t matter what you say you believe – it only matters what you do.”

This is where the faithful are lost sheep and need help from the Shepard.

If we are all God’s children our heavenly father, as our mortal father, would expect us to care for one another and leave certain issues to the higher powers.

My Best,

Bret Maverick

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Maverick.
    Northwoods
    Participant

Maverick, it’s been awhile. Well said. Hope to see you on the forum more.

Maverick
    Participant

Hey North,

Nice to see you again and thank you for the warm welcome. The chances of me being around much are quite slim. In the past few years (especially the last three) my life has changed in very big ways, for the good mostly. These changes do not afford me the time to mentor the neophytes as I have in many years past.Those days are long gone for me and bright horizons loom large for the future.

This subject matter and the overall corruption of faith was just too tempting for me not to address.

The Cafeteria Christians are just too much fun not to poke with a stick when the opportunity arises.

My Best To You,

Mav

Northwoods
    Participant

You will be missed my friend. I am glad we met. At Sheri’s of course. Nothing but the best for you in the journey ahead.

AlexEmpire
    Participant

I think Angel put it incredibly well. I would very much enjoy an in depth conversation on the merits of Christianity and Courtesanship.

Maverick
    Participant

Alex,

Nice to see you chime in on the thread.

Not only do I believe these two exemplars have merit but intersect and have intersected in their mutual histories.

In Europe during the medieval era, when the Catholic Church owned vast tracks of lands, many of these real estate properties were leased out to brothels or prostitution houses. And it is told that some European bishops would go and collect the rentals from the prostitutes themselves. Should we think that being men of the cloth, or holy men, all that they did when they visited these brothels was simply to collect rentals due to the Church and nothing more?

Author Andrew McCall in his book “The Medieval Underworld” writes “St. Augustine himself said that if prostitution were to be suppressed, capricious lusts would then overthrow society; and this sentiment was reiterated in a latter period by Aquinas who wrote in his “Summa Theologica,” apropos of prostitution that if you were to take away the sewer, the whole palace would soon be filled with corruption. Prostitution was, in other words, a necessary evil.”

McCall writes further in his book that “disputes between religious foundations and lay powers over the revenue from bawdy-houses are no rarity, while in 1309, we find Bishop Johann of Strasbourg building, at his own expense, a magnificent new brothel in that city.”

Which leads me to the conclusion this hand wringing and bible thumping by the fire and brimstone crowd is at its core dissembling, and an act of obfuscation for the furtherance of other ways and means.

It appears at least in some form in certain times they played off one another and still do to this day. While one seemed to profit off one more than the other. Which makes one reflect about the morality of the profiteer in this scenario.

I think both of these activities are fine…..as long as they are not weaponized.

My Best To You,

Bret Maverick

Flint
    Participant

so nice to see you post here, Mr. Maverick.

AlexEmpire
    Participant

I had that conversation with Angel. It was really eye opening!

Lewd Ferrigno
    Participant

This original author might be a tremendous troll . He may never check the responses, & look at all the paragraphs of feedback . Church isn’t fun/sex is, & younger generations reflect this opinion. I don’t think this trolly author will make an appearance for a soda pop at the sports bar, ever

Allissa
    Participant

Whether it was a real post or not, if you want an orgasim and/or companionship and Haven’t found it anywhere else, Im sure baby Jesus would want you to be safe and legal 😉

Maverick
    Participant

Leave it to Allissa to put it succinctly with more that a touch of grand acumen.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

LOVE YOU BABYGIRL!!!!

Mav

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Maverick.
    Anakin
    Participant

For my part, I can summarize the paradox between my (admittedly not very strong) Christian faith and some of my potentially sinful habits and hobbies with this quip:

“I said I was Christian. I didn’t say I was good at it.”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar